Monday, May 21, 2012

The Final Countdown

5 days.  I can't believe it.  We are leaving here in 5 days.  I now know that we will be headed towards Morehead, Kentucky for the first week or so.  We have yet to find out any of our other locations.  We still don't really know where near Morehead, but I think that information will be available tomorrow.  

I got some fancy schmancy hiking boots this weekend, now I am just looking for some utilitarian sandals that don't cost a fortune.  Hard to find.  I don't want to wear boots for 3 months, and I need something to wear around camp, etc.  I also need rope, or cord.  Instead of a sleeping mat, I got those foam puzzle pieces that people put on the floor of their kids playrooms.  Seriously, it was the coolest idea.  We saw them at Sam's Club yesterdayhttp://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=107930 and the light bulb appeared.  We laid them out on the floor and laid down, and ya know what???  They are pretty comfortable.

I also got Zooey her backpack.  She is so stinkin cute with it, but the best part is that she will be hiking in her own food and bowls.  I mean for sure I will be making several hikes in and out, but every little bit helps.

I still need flashlights/headlamp, and some random clothes and stuff, but all of the medicine has been bought and   most other major things are here.  I just have to finish my projects, get everything packed, clean up around here, shut everything down and hit the road.  Holy crap people, I am really doing this.  I sure hope I can control my stomach issues, but I can't worry about it; I have to go with the flow because if I stress, it will act up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.