Sunday, June 3, 2012

To dread or not to dread, that is the question...

Just coming out of my first full week in the woods and my hair was what some say is beautiful and some say a matted mess.  After a lovely shower I had quite a difficult time getting the brush to get through the tangles and I thought, hey... just wash it and leave it alone, it will dread, but then I thought about what I would look like if my head were shaved and I thought again and managed to get the brush through the mess.  We'll see what happens next time I go into the woods.

Cumberland was great.  

Mark, Zooey and our rider picked me up from work Friday afternoon and we set off on our adventure.  We had planned on stopping for the night in Marietta but changed our minds and drove straight through.  The site we were headed to was between Morehead and West Liberty, Kentucky.  I realized that I haven't really spent any time in Kentucky other than driving through.  It was actually really pretty.  We arrived on site and it was blazing hot.  In retrospect, I  now know that I need to seriously hydrate before heading into a gathering.  The hike in with the gear in the sun, after being in the car so long gave me a massive headache. Duh... should have remembered this from Ocala.  


Mark found a sweet spot to set up the house for the week, and I started to get to know the goings on of the kitchen.  It seemed to be a pretty independent kitchen and people could just come in and cook something.  There were three other small kitchens out there that I saw anyway.  Pretty much as soon as we got there, we were in the kitchen.  I made some crazy awesome food though.  And this is where I will leave you until the next time I have a free minute.  Off to find dinner for tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.