Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Road Ready?

Not quite...

Hopefully by today our RV will be up and running, rather than sitting in Mark's parent's driveway.  I've had so many people ask me if I was counting down the days, so here goes.  Today I have 4 days left of work, 4 days until we head to council in Ocala National Forest, 10 days until some of my favorite people arrive and 12 days until we roll out to Disney.  Of course, after Disney we head to Ocala Seed Camp and then we pretty much stay in the woods until the end of February.  After that, back to Tampa Bay for a minute to wrap up some things, then we begin our trek west.  I have been dying to say that I am moving back to California ever since I moved away from there in 1996.  Wow... Did you really ever think I would do this?  Of course you did.  Yea yea, I know I am NOT supposed to talk to the reader; I teach my kids that all the time, but this is different, I am not telling a story, I am telling YOU about my life. 

Our RV is a 34' 1988 Pace Arrow.  Yup, she's a beast.  Hopefully today is the day she drives.  I know there will always be improvements we want to make, but seriously, how are we supposed to do a trial run to council when she won't even move out of the driveway?  It's all good, the gas tank is getting cleaned out today and put back on, and that should do it.  Cross your fingers for us.

So much to do, so little time.  I should really be getting all of this paperwork completed, however, one can only do the same thing for so long until ones eyes try to fall out. 


Anyway, I don't know if any of this has really sunk in or not, because I am excited, but it all just seems normal to me. 

1 comment:

  1. Please update as soon as you can!

    -Jordan O'Brien

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.