Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chicago, here I come!



Sunday Jen and Sean went to Indianapolis for a NASCAR race, which was the original reason we went on this crazy adventure. They left at like 5:30 in the morning. Stacey and I slept in a little bit and headed out to the 100 Bomber Club for a friends baby shower. I only know them because I have been up there so much. After the shower we headed out to Chicago. We got stuck in traffic when we got there because Sir Paul McCartney was playing that night. I say it was because I was driving. Seriously, the entire trip, every time I drove there was bad weather, traffic, accidents, etc. When Jen drove, smooth sailing. Oh well.
We somehow managed to meet up at almost the same time. We took Tracy and Stacey to the Westin where their conference was and we finally made it to the Hampton where we would be staying. I was completely frazzled by that point. The traffic coming into Chicago was awful and we had like no gas left and it was late, and of course Murphy's Law kicked in and the GPS stopped working. Needless to say I just needed to park the car and be done with it. We all went to P.F. Chang's for dinner. It was right downtown. Any opportunity to have the Chang's, I jump at it. We wandered around a little while after dinner and headed back to the hotel for some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.