Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chicago!


Chicago day 1...

We were staying at the Hampton Inn and they had some breakfast items I could made do with, along with my box of Chex cereal I was good to go. After breakfast we headed to Navy Pier. It was kind of a let down. First of all, it was over 90 degrees that day and we were dying, secondly, there was an overabundance of biting flies. OK, so I was the only one they were attacking, and I can't figure out why, but I was kind of annoyed. We walked and walked and walked forever. Did I mention that it was like a bazillion degrees? Oh well, lunch redeemed the day. We went to the Webber Grill. It was amazing. They had a great gluten free menu. I had a fancy version of a bacon cheese burger and fantastic mashed potatoes and cole slaw! Super yum! It even came on a gluten free bun. I was super excited.


After lunch we wandered around some more. We walked over to the Hard Rock because Jen desperately wanted a tank top.

This was going to be the night we all went to Uno’s for their famous Chicago Stuffed pizza and because they have a gluten free menu. PEOPLE… DO NOT GO THERE. I was sadly disappointed and super glad we called ahead. Even though their website clearly states that they have the gluten free menu, they do NOT. I even called their Due restaurant and they did not have it either. They are the only two locations that do not have the gluten free menu.Seriously?The original store does not carry the full menu. Whatever! I was hot, and pissed, and I nearly seriously injured myself tripping on some sidewalk, I grabbed the iron gate and just jacked up my hand. Goodie, I am ever the klutz. Anyway, while walking back to the hotel to figure out what I was going to eat for dinner, while everyone would be enjoying their fancy pizza, I passed a place that I recognized from the glutenfreeregistry.com called Ben Pao. It as decent, their lettuce wraps don’t even compare to P.F. Chang’s.

After dinner we went on our river/lake architecture tour, which was amazing! We hoofed it over to the dock and hopped on our boat. What a cool experience. We got the low down on all the buildings and saw some beautiful sights. J

I was really upset that my camera wasn’t working correctly. When the boat docked we headed back towards the hotel and stopped at this (really crappy) bar next door. We ended up leaving there and just going back to the hotels breakfast room and drinking what we had in the cooler. Turned out to be an OK day in Chi-town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.