Saturday, June 27, 2009

Arches and whatnot


Arches was cool! We saw balanced rock, delicate arch, double arch, and hiked out to sand dune arch and broken arch at sunset. The sand was red and felt great! Greg and I were dumb and wore flip-flops to dinner and I guess forgot we were going back to the park if the rain cleared out. Thankfully it did because it was amazing! I think we hiked about 3 miles after dinner. Arches was great though. We stayed at the Apache Motel in Moab. I guess John Wayne stayed there or something. It was old school kitch. It had wood beams on the ceiling. The lady that ran it had some serious spray on hair. It was hard not to laugh. I would have just gotten a wig if it were me.
We had breakfast at a place called Love Muffin lol. I had a gluten free, vegan pumpkin chocolate chip muffin and an omlet with spinach, onions, mushrooms and goat cheese. Delightful. I'm full! We are about 180 miles from Denver now. I get to see Bean and Leslie from NCCC and Greg and CJ are going to eat some Rocky Mountain Oysters hopefully if we can find them. I will be documenting it for historical/hystarical purposes. :). Gross! I was thinking, going home is going to be such a let down :( this trip has been amazing. Hopefully ill have funn stuff to do for the rest of the summer. I did find out, thanks to Lynne that we get paid Tuesday which will really help. And funny note ... I stopped at a roadside jerky stand and got sopme buffalo jerky for Sarah today per request. I just have to make sure the boys don't get into it before we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.