Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 2




Day 2 – Road Trip ‘09

The cicadas woke me up this morning. About 3 hours too early in fact. However, I was able to watch the sun rise over the Gulf Coast of Florida. Pictures are coming. I tried really hard to be quiet, but I believe I woke the sleeping bears, oh I mean boys. I was lying in the tent listening to the Pine trees creek, the cicadas make their crazy loud noise, and the birds happily chirp, thinking to myself… it’s good to be a teacher. Summers off ROCK!

Today, we head to New Orleans. It’s about out 4.5 hours from here I think. We are staying right in the French Quarter. I have never been there. I’m pretty excited. Last night we tried to go out to dinner, but the people thought I would end up sick because apparently food flies all over the kitchen. Oh well, we had a blast last night, just the same. I’m just concerned about eating in New Orleans. Everything there has flour in it. The guys are being really patient with me, so it’s good. We’ll see how tired they get of having to deal with my food issues.

Yesterday, on the way up we stopped at a place for lunch called Bubba Ques. Ha ha, I was amused. We we’re on a boat, a mother-fu@@ing boat. No really. It was the funniest thing; we literally sat in a boat inside the restaurant. Of course, it was the perfect beginning of the trip. So funny. And then, I got a call from Lynne saying that Cosmo got into a fight with her dog, Jack and she was going to have to take him to my folks. I feel really bad about that. I didn’t want them to have to deal with dog watching for so long.

Well, I suppose I should go be productive now and maybe get dressed or something, maybe not. I know one thing for sure, my stomach is going to kill me for all this crap. That was a lot of kielbasa and beer; two things I don’t normally partake in. Yes, it was gluten-free, but still it was a big leap into eating food again.

1 comment:

  1. I could definitely see this being made into a book. I like reading things like this. You're a great writer.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.