Friday, June 26, 2009

Bryce Canyon







Bryce Canyon was absolutely amazing. I've never seen anything like it. I have always wanted to go there, well at least since the days of NCCC anyway. This was probably the most unique, natural wonder on Earth.
We bid goodbye to the Best Western Zion this morning, and saw some Big Horn Sheep and Buffalo on our way to Bryce. After the buffalo sighting, we stopped at The Buffalo Grill and clearly, we ordered buffalo. C.J. had a fancy ass buffalo burger, Greg had a Philly cheese steak with buffalo and I had a salad with buffalo. I know crazy ... I ate meat, and buffalo at that; and it was good too. I've actually eaten quite a lot of meat on this trip so far. No one pass out now.
We also stopped at a rock shop and I saw some really cool glass and stones, etc. I want a geode, and well everything there. I've seen some beautiful citrine, fluorite, azurite, and tiger-eye just to name a few. What sucks now is that I am super broke, tapped out the cc today and down to about $300 cash to last the rest of the trip, which is about 7 more days. Sorry guys- no more souvenirs for you.
Anyway, we headed to Bryce and drove through Dixie National Forest and Red Cliffs, I believe they were called. It was really pretty. Like I said earlier, Bryce was outstanding - I loved it. I did some hiking and lots of picture taking. I haven't had cell service for a few days, so if anyone has left any messages or sent any texts, I haven't received them.
Anyway ... Bryce = spectacular - I can't wait to upload the pictures for everyone to see.
We stopped at a weird grocery/camp store/gift shop and got supplies for the night. We are camping at the Bryce Valley KOA. It's fairly nice here. I had a weird dinner of bacon, pepperoni, and cream cheese on brioche that I got from the sensitive baker in Culver City. I did also have some Frito's and I made a smoke with the most delicious chocolate I have ever had. Greg bought some earlier in the day somewhere we stopped and it was amazing, so when we saw it at the store, I picked up a bar. It's huckleberry chocolate. OMG it's so fantastic, I've never had anything like it.
Now we're sitting around the campsite, listening to music, watching the fire, drinking, etc. The boys are playing football and are looking silly being their uber competitive selves. Every park we've been in, they've had rock throwing contests. I have pictures of this, but of course they have pictures of me with my ass up in the air hunting for cool rocks in the dirt, but it's all in good fun.

Fire is good btw! This is fun. Also, WTF? Michael Jackson died today. That was crazy. I got a text about it and we turned Sirius to an entertainment news channel. Anyway, getting dark now, can't see and quite drunk, I will write the rest later.

(Morning)
OK so... rain last night. Cold this morning. I feel like crap, but that may have to do with eating bacon from a skewer right before sleeping on the ground and the amount of rum I drank. Boys are sleeping, I'm in the car because my shoulder is killing me and I thought I would sleep better in here. Stupidly I thought I would take advantage of the free wifi at the koa and then get some sleep. I wrote this entry the first time on paper because I didn't realize there was wifi here and I figured I would type it somewhere else.

On to Arches today. I have been there, but it's been a long time. Hopefully I get some more sleep and I start feeling better. I definitely feel my age today, maybe older, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.