Thursday, June 25, 2009

still on the road ...

Yesterday we were in Vegas. I was exhausted because we drove all night. I got maybe 2 hours of sleep. We started the morning at slots of fun! lol, then we headed to the cracked egg for breakfast. mmmm skillet. After that we drove out to Red Rock Canyon. It was beautiful; hot, but beautiful. I am of course, collecting rocks from everywhere. I know, I'm a dork. After this, we had a fun trip to wal-mart and then finally to the hotel; Circus Circus. When we got there and finally got checked in (took forever), I crashed. I got maybe another two hours and then we headed out to cause trouble. I was still tired, so I actually didn't do much. The boys had all you can eat prime rib and then we went to gamble. I won 37$ which bought my dinner at P.F. Changs. I think that it made me sick, because I was sick as a dog all day today. It really sucked. This morning we left for Zion National Park. The thermometer was up to 105 as we drove through the desert. Zion was hot, but super amazing. I can't wait to see all of the pictures. Zion was cool because they had this shuttle-bus thing that drove us all around the scenic route of the park. We stopped and hiked a little and went to see some hanging gardens and water, etc. I left the boys to hike a long trail, so I could go pass out in the car. I really felt awful. We finally left the park around 9:00 and headed to the hotel. This is the coolest Best Western I have ever seen, by far. We went to dinner at the Spotted Dog Cafe and we're totally surprised when we got inside. It was fantastic. I spoke to the check and she knew right away what Celiac and Gluten-Free were and suggested a few things. I had Talapia with mashed pots and veg, and creme brule for dessert. Wow, it was so good. The sauce was amazing. The boys had buffalo and elk meatloaf wrapped in bacon. I think if it we're gluten free I would have tried it. We found the coolest shop after dinner and I got some bumbleberry jam amongst a few other things. I had some bumbleberries on the creme brule and they were outstanding. Anyway, that's about all for now. headed to Bryce Canyon tomorrow... we are camping. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.