Thursday, June 18, 2009

San Diego

San Diego … the whale’s vagina.

I’m Ron Burgundy, go fuck yourself San Diego. J Gotta love Will Farrell. We started of our stint here with a trip downtown, a drive through Balboa Park, Mission Beach, and dinner in the Gaslamp Quarter. Then I took the guys to Ocean Beach. My old stomping grounds. Man did I have some fun there back in the day. It’s still mostly the same. Actually, I think there were less homeless people now. Everything is good in San Diego, there isn’t one bad thing I could say. We had dinner at a place called the Yard House. Fantastic meal. They have a gluten free menu and everything. A little pricey, but oh well, it was fantastic. We walked around downtown for a bit; saw some of the old places I had been. All in all it was a great day.

Day 2 in San Diego

Morning started off with heading to Mission Beach. Wow, the water was cold and the waves were high. I was sucked under and lost my sunglasses. Oh well, now I know what my $200 expense on the trip will be. Hopefully I can find some of those dumb clip on things, but we shall see. We had breakfast at the beach after swimming. CJ got a salmon burger, very California of him. J After that we went to the hotel to shower and then headed downtown to the trolley transfer station, where we boarded the blue line for the land of cheap souvenirs. Good stuff. It was pretty clean actually, not the way I remember it. We did stand out like sore thumbs, but totally worth the experience. After the trip back, we wandered around the downtown (near Petco) area and I got some fruit at a farmer’s market and we headed into the game. I got a t-shirt and hat combo for $15. Super cheap, but I really need a hat because I have no sunglasses, and since this is an outdoor park … well, you can figure out the rest. The park was really cool, and after the sun went down we had the most beautiful view of downtown. Angie from Americorps met me at the game. I got to meet her son too. I haven’t seen her since 1996. Wow, that was so cool. The boys sat above some where house thing, and we moved a couple sections over. I know they were taking dumb pictures of me from far away, because I could see the red light from the camera. So … what do I do? Flip the bird of course. You know, that’s how I roll. Anyway … after the game we drove over to Coronado thinking we could get some really awesome pictures of the city, but the light made it difficult. Headed to wal-mart after that to find a 5$ movie, then… went In and Out Burger. And sure enough, I had a cheeseburger. I think I have decided that I don’t know why I didn’t eat meat for so many years. I know some of you are laughing and shaking your heads right now, but seriously, I just didn’t like it at the time. We are heading to Los Angeles today. Should be a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave me a comment, if you don't see it right away then I am not in a location with service.